Classes & Events
First Aid/CPR Training
November 29 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course trains participants to provide first aid, CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
What does this course teach?
- First Aid Basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
Why take the time to become certified?
- You could save someone’s life in an emergency situation
- Opportunity to increase someone’s comfort during a medical emergency
- These skills can prevent a circumstance or someone symptoms from worsening while they wait for medical attention
- Being certified adds value to your community – your training can help to save a persons life in your family, job, neighborhood or community!
This is an opportunity to gain the skills you need to help others during times of crisis. This training helps you to recognize the signs that someone needs help and administer the appropriate type and level of care in an emergency situation.
In accordance with CDC guidelines, masking at PCOA facilities is optional for staff, volunteers, and members of the public. CDC recommends people at high risk of serious illness from COVID 19 discuss when they should wear masks and other precautions with their healthcare provider. PCOA representatives will gladly put on a mask at your request. Participants at in-person event(s) will be expected to adhere to distancing and safety guidelines as provided. Guidelines for functions held in community sites not operated by PCOA may vary.