Category: Non-exempt Hourly Rate: $22.13 / 5% increase to $23.24 after 6-months of satisfactory performance.
Hourly Rate: $22.13 / 5% increase to $23.24 after 6-months of satisfactory performance
Purpose: To provide individuals aged 60 and over, or caregivers and family members of older adults, with unbiased information, consultation, advocacy, benefit screening/enrollment, support, education, and referrals.
Schedule: This is a fulltime position, 37.5 hours weekly, primarily Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
PCOA Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Pima Council on Aging, we don’t just accept differences – their importance is one of our key values. We are committed to building a team that serves the community by representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we support diversity, foster equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide services to older adults, their caregivers and their families from PCOA offices and from various locations throughout Pima County.
• Identify resources and connect individuals, caregivers and families to appropriate services and benefits.
• Collaborate and maintain positive relationships with community partners.
• Provide information, referrals, and advocacy to clients for legal issues, housing, consumer issues, financial problems, care concerns, end of life issues, property taxes and other related issues as appropriate.
• Assist individuals with enrollment in benefits for which they are eligible and in appropriate Medicare benefit plans for low-income beneficiaries.
• Provide education and training through community presentations, training programs, participation in community/health fairs, and dissemination of printed materials.
• Conduct follow-up contact where appropriate for purposes of continued needs assessment, feedback, and potential program development.
• Maintain accurate and timely client records in the appropriate database.
• Prepare material and reports for the program(s) as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field from an accredited college or university
• Two years of experience working in social services
• Bilingual English/Spanish language required
• Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license and current automobile insurance
• Successful Level 1 fingerprint clearance and background check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Comprehensive knowledge of services, resources and benefit programs for older adults
• Effective written and oral communication skills for client interactions, public speaking, workshops, publications, and public relations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software
• Knowledge of the aging process, issues and health problems associated with aging and disabilities
• Understanding of and commitment to the organization’s vision, mission and values
• While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, some work will be sedentary, performed in a typical office environment with low noise level due mostly to office equipment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Hearing requirements include ability to listen and respond appropriately to conversations in person or on the phone.
PCOA reserves the right to modify and interpret this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at-will.” The position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 520-762-4773.