Hourly Rate: $18.04 / 5% increase to $18.94 after 6-months of satisfactory performance.
Purpose: Under the direction of the PCAH Program Director, providing ongoing training and monitoring for caregivers, providing training related to the care and wellness of older adults to industry professionals and creating curricula related to the care and wellness of older adults.
Schedule: This is a fulltime position, 30 hours weekly, primarily Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with occasional evenings and one weekend a quarter.
PCOA Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Pima Council on Aging, we don’t just accept differences – their importance is one of our key values. We are committed to building a team that serves the community by representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we support diversity, foster equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and implement curriculum related to older adults, caregiving, safety, and other related topics, both independently and by working in collaboration with industry professionals.
• Plan, coordinate and provide ongoing continuing education for caregivers.
• Monitor, collect, record, and assess student progress as related to their training requirements.
• Conduct a minimum of 8 Direct Care Worker (DCW) Training and Certification classes annually.
• Provide coaching support to caregivers and occasionally provide training support to a caregiver in client’s home utilizing personal transportation.
• Model and promote empathy, compassion and respect for the gender, ethnic, religious, cultural and learning diversity of caregivers, clients and industry professionals.
• Plan, implement effective classroom, engage students/attendees with creative realistic hands on training.
• Provide Instructor training and necessary support to industry professionals.
• Coordinate, monitor class enrollment, use of training space, equipment, attendance, schedules, and payment of training events.
• Provide individuals with information, assistance and referrals regarding PCAH, PCOA and community resources as appropriate.
• Demonstrate professionalism and effective customer service while interacting with the general public.
• Complete a minimum of 6 hours of continuing education annually.
• Prepare and maintain records accurately and in a timely manner, according to funding and program guidelines.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions:(Basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Conduct Arizona State Direct Care Worker Training.
• Conduct Continuing Education courses for caregivers, paid and unpaid.
• Conduct First Aid/CPR training.
• Coordinate with partner organizations.
• Maintain accurate and timely records in PCAH and PCOA databases as applicable.
• Instruct in classroom and hands-on settings to individuals as well as groups within the
organization and greater community.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, methods and techniques of caregiving.
• Demonstrated understanding of the aging process and the psychosocial aspects of Elderly and Physically Disabled populations.
• Ability to effectively instruct individuals and large groups and manage a classroom and hands on instruction setting.
• Ability to adapt instruction/support to students’ differences in learning styles, strengths and demonstrated needs.
• Ability to vary the role (instructor, facilitator, co-creator, etc.) in relation to the purpose at hand.
• Ability to facilitate a positive and inclusive environment for instruction of caregivers and industry partners
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to prioritize appropriately, take initiative, critically think and problem solve.
• Ability to plan and organize multiple job tasks.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working and professional relationships.
• Ability to appropriately use, protect and preserve the confidentiality of information.
• Understanding of and commitment to the vision, mission and values of both PimaCare at Home and Pima Council on Aging.
• High School Diploma or GED Required, Associates Degree Preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ previous experience as a trainer, instructor, or related position.
• Obtain a DCW Trainer status within 90 days of hire and maintain active DCW Trainer Status for the entirety of employment in the position.
• Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software.
• Prefer experience working with Elderly and Physically Disabled within the past five years in either a Home Care agency, Long Term Care facility, a Public Health agency or similar.
• Successful fingerprint clearance and criminal background check.
• Acquire and maintain First Aid/CPR Instructor certification.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish required
• The work environment noise is moderate, due mostly to office equipment, training videos and group settings.
• The work environment includes travel to and from training sites, collaborative partner organizations and occasionally a client’s home.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Hearing requirements include ability to listen and respond appropriately to conversations in person and over the phone.
PimaCare at Home reserves the right to modify, interpret this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only responsibilities, including major responsibilities, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at-will.”
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to email@example.com, or fax to 520-762-4773.