Reports to: Caregiver Program Support Coordinator
Category: Step 5, Hourly, Non-Exempt, $21.49 per hour, after 6 month of satisfactory performance, 5% increase to $22.56 per hour.
Purpose: Plans, develops and facilitates caregiver support and educational groups. Provides support, consultation, information, and education to family caregivers to assist them with caregiving activities, decision making and problem solving. Plans, develops, and facilitates the Caregiver Essentials Training independently or as part of the Caregiver Support team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, develops and facilitates support and educational groups for caregivers held electronically via Zoom and/or at physical locations (when allowed) in Pima County, as determined by PCOA pandemic guidelines.
• Trains volunteers in support group facilitation, as appropriate.
• Plans, develops, and facilitates the Caregiving Essentials training electronically and/or at physical locations, when allowed, as determined by PCOA pandemic guidelines.
• Reviews and screens family caregiver referrals to support groups.
• Provides family consultation to assist in examining resources and options, and in making decisions relating to the care of the older adult.
• Identifies resources and connects families with help for the care recipient and for their own personal needs as they relate to their caregiver role.
• Conducts follow-up contact, where appropriate, for purposes of continued needs assessment, feedback, and potential services delivery.
• Maintains accurate and timely client records in designated database.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly reports on position activities.
• Provides education about caregiving issues and community resources through community presentations, training programs, web page and/or newsletter updates, and dissemination of printed materials.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred), in social work, counseling, medical or related field from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of two years’ experience working in social services, counseling, medical, or related field.
• Group facilitation experience.
• Successful Level 1 fingerprint clearance and background check
• Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus, but not required.
• Able to work some evenings and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Understanding of and commitment to the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
• Strong group facilitation skills.
• Knowledge of family caregiver issues, plus working with long-distance caregiver’s challenges.
• Knowledge about cognitive impairment issues such as dementia.
• Knowledge of the aging process, issues and health problems associated with aging and disabilities.
• Comprehensive knowledge of resources for older adults and their caregivers.
• Effective written and oral communication skills for client interactions, public speaking, workshops, publications, and public relations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software, working knowledge of Excel, client database software, and virtual meeting platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
PCOA reserves the right to modify and interpret this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at will.” The position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 520-762-4773.