Hourly Rate: $21.49 / 5% increase to $22.56 after 6-months of satisfactory performance.
Purpose: To provide case management services to individuals who are eligible for assistance under the Community Services System.
Schedule: This is a fulltime position, 37.5 hours weekly, primarily Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00
pm with occasional evenings or weekends.
PCOA Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Pima Council on Aging, we don’t just accept differences – their importance is one of our key values. We are committed to building a team that serves the community by representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we support diversity, foster equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete in-home visits to conduct in-depth assessments of clients’ abilities to perform Activities of Daily Living and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living and complete required assessment tool.
• Assess the client’s strengths based on daily living situation, health, finance/insurance, social supports, leisure/recreational activities, spirituality/religion, etc.
• Develop a service plan in collaboration with the individual or caregiver and other appropriate persons, identifying the services the individual will receive, the frequency, beginning and end dates of the services and who will provide the services.
• Establish and record the individual’s or caregiver’s goals.
• Complete additional assessments for caregiver services or non-covered community services, as needed.
• Facilitate the implementation of the service plan by authorizing the services needed, making referrals to appropriate agencies and documenting actions taken.
• Assist client in transitioning to/from other levels of care (hospital discharges, ALTCS, etc.).
• Monitor the Service Plan, recording the client’s progress toward the established goals.
• Ensure client files are accurate and updated; maintain required case and program records as required in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain confidentiality of all materials and information encountered in performance of duties.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or closely related field.
• Two years’ experience as a case manager working with older adults and/or physically disabled individuals.
• Possession of a valid Class D Arizona driver’s license, current automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
• Successful Level 1 fingerprint clearance and background check.
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the aging process, issues and health problems associated with aging and disabilities.
• Knowledge of community resources and social service agencies.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Good documentation skills.
• Ability to maintain effective working relations with clients, caregivers, co-workers, service providers and community agencies.
• Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while remaining non-judgmental and respectful but with a problem-solving approach.
• Ability to organize tasks, establish priorities and work within time constraints and sometimes limited resources.
• Ability to work harmoniously in multicultural environments with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages.
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus and accountability and a clear sense of boundaries.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
• Understanding of and commitment to the organization’s vision, mission and values.
• While performing the essential duties/responsibilities of this job, some work will be sedentary, performed in a typical office environment with low noise level due mostly to office equipment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Hearing requirements include ability to listen and respond appropriately to conversations in person or on the phone.
• Incumbent will make visits to participants’ homes or living sites and may encounter unsanitary conditions and a variety of clients.
PCOA reserves the right to modify and interpret this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at-will.” The position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to email@example.com, or fax to 520-762-4773.