Description: Independent contractor under contract to teach EnhanceFitness classes as described in the EnhanceFitness Instructor Manual, and as defined in the New Instructor Training (NIT). The classes are offered 3xs a week (usually M/W/F) at different community sites in Tucson and the start times are usually before noon. The class is designed for 60+ and includes cardio, strength, balance, stretch and posture exercises. It is recognized as a fall prevention class by the National Institute of Health. Pay is $20/hour and 1 class is compensated at 1.5 hours ($30/class).
1. Nationally recognized certification for Group Fitness Instructor (GFI) or Personal Trainer (PT) or 200hr Yoga Teacher, that is either current or will be completed within 6 months of the NIT
2. Minimum 6 months experience working with older adults in some capacity
3. Minimum 6 months teaching experience, ideally some sort of movement or exercise format
4. Current liability insurance ($1 million)
5. Current CPR
6. Willingness to maintain the certifications and insurance
7. Completion of the New Instructor Training (NIT) scheduled by the EFit Coordinator
1. Lead the EFit classes as defined in the NIT
2. Complete any required paperwork
3. Represent PCOA and the Healthy Living unit in a professional, knowledgeable manner, reporting any issues to the EFit Coordinator
4. Adhere to the contract between PCOA and the contractor
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to email@example.com, or fax to 520-762-4773.