Hourly Rate: $16.04 / 5% increase to $16.84 after 6-months of satisfactory performance.
Purpose: Coordinates functions of PCOA’s home repair program including but not limited to; Accepting referrals, speaking to clients, validating home ownership, selecting vendors maintaining State of Arizona DAARS System and internal PCOA databases and approving payment to vendors. Under direct supervision of the OAA Program Director and/or OAA Program Monitor this position prepares weekly, monthly and/or annual reports by Fund Source if requested, documenting number of clients served within report period. This position is responsible for accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data pertaining to PCOA’s Home Repair program. The Home Repair Program Specialist will proof material entered as required and generate data reports as required/requested. This position assists the OAA Program Director and/or OAA Program Monitor in the annual Monitoring of Contracted vendors.
Schedule: This is a fulltime position, 37.5 hours weekly, primarily Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
PCOA Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Pima Council on Aging, we don’t just accept differences – their importance is one of our key values. We are committed to building a team that serves the community by representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we support diversity, foster equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete a quality control review on incoming home repair program referrals as submitted by Intake or Case Management Department staff, checking for completeness and accuracy. Work with same to correct incomplete referrals.
• Contact client to assess program eligibility, i.e., client age, home ownership and living arrangements.
• Review of Pima County Assessor’s (conventional home) and/or Pima County Treasurer’s (mobile home) to validate home ownership.
• Contact vendor(s) to arrange for job completion
• Complete program Work Orders to include tasks to be completed and authorization dollar limit.
• Regular follow up with vendor for timely completion of repairs(s)
• Contact client with information regarding whether eligibility requirements have been met and if eligible, which vendor has been selected to perform repairs.
• Enter Client data and work authorization and appropriate documentation into State of Arizona Data System and into any supplemental program Excel files.
• As requested by the OAA Program Director and/or OAA Program Monitor, prepares weekly, monthly and/or Annual reports by Fund Source if requested, documenting number of clients served within report period.
• Determine if client has any ALTCS eligibility and if so, limit tasks to “non-home adaptation” tasks only
• Process client satisfaction surveys and prepare monthly reports.
• Assist with entering billing units into State System on a monthly basis and work with the PCOA Finance department in the resolution of billing issues.
• Document problems with client electronic or paper files and/or procedural issues and provide information to OAA Program Director and/or OAA Program Monitor for issue resolution.
• Maintain overall program budget and maintain client fiscal year expenditure limits.
• Sole responsibility for fiscal decisions for repairs up to $1,500.
• Interact with departmental and other staff on matters affecting data and information flow and ensure compliance of standards in data entry, collection and retrieval.
• As time allows, provides backup data entry to Contracts Department by entering Client Assessment Plans (ASCAPs) as submitted by PCOA Case Managers into State of Arizona Data System.
• Provide backup coverage for PCOA Receptionist position as needed
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Criminal background check and Level 1 fingerprint clearance
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Three years of data entry and computer-related experience with high level of accuracy
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Access, Outlook, Excel and knowledge of mail-merge
• Proven skill in analytical assessment and problem solving
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Flexibility in dealing with competing priorities and deadlines
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to sit at computer terminal and enter data via a keyboard for up to 7 ½ hours daily
• Familiarity with or experience in construction and basic home maintenance functions
• Ability to assess client needs within program parameters
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to regularly remain in a stationary sitting or standing position 90% of the time; move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; constantly operate a computer and other office productivity
machines, such as a copy machine, printer and fax machine. Frequently moves presentation materials and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds; occasionally moves up to 35 pounds and seldom moves up to 50 pounds within facility. The employee is seldom exposed to outside
weather conditions. Noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Hearing abilities require ability to converse in person and
on the phone with clarity and verbal understanding. The aforementioned position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
PCOA reserves the right to modify and interpret this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at-will.” The position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to email@example.com, or fax to 520-762-4773.