Category: Full-time, Regular, Hourly/Non-Exempt
Salary: $21.49 per hour; After 6-months satisfactory performance, 5% increase to $22.56/hour.
Schedule: 37.5 hours/week, generally between the hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm M-F. Occasional evenings or weekends may be required.
Purpose: Provide coaching and counseling for clients and volunteers of the Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) and the State Health Insurance Program (SHIP). Conduct presentations and trainings.
PCOA Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Pima Council on Aging, we don’t just accept differences – their importance is one of our key values. We are committed to building a team that serves the community by representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we support diversity, foster equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Medicare counseling to include:
o Provide Medicare related consultation and assistance to individuals and professionals via telephone, email, and in person.
o Follow-up with clients when appropriate for needs assessment and feedback.
o Keep current on Medicare changes via webinars, state conferences, CMS updates and other training resources.
o Research complicated Medicare issues.
• Medicare counselor assistance to include:
o Schedule and monitor counselors.
o Assist counselors with answers to basic and advanced Medicare issues.
o Provide Medicare education and training to the public and community partners through presentations, training programs, community/health fairs, and dissemination of printed materials.
• Administrative duties to include:
o Perform HEAplus Site Administrator functions.
o Monitor the Medicare helpline. Screen and assign referrals to counselors.
o Enter client data in the appropriate databases accurately and in a timely manner.
o Assist as needed with reports and client surveys.
o Create and maintain Medicare resource materials and supplies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two years’ experience working with older adults or assisting with benefits or insurance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the position.
• Ability to obtain Medicare certifications.
• Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license, current automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
• Successfully obtain and maintain AZ Level 1 fingerprint clearance and Central Registry background clearance.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong commitment and enthusiasm for the mission and values of PCOA.
• Ability to analyze and interpret Medicare rules.
• Excellent data entry skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Usually works in an office environment with low noise level due mostly to office equipment. Hybrid work (office/home) may be considered if program needs are met.
• Occasional, mostly local, travel required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Hearing requirements include ability to listen and respond appropriately to conversations in person or on the phone.
PCOA reserves the right to modify and interpret this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at-will.” The position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 520-762-4773.