12:00 pm - 04:00 pmClick to Register: Click to Register
PCOA Katie Dusenberry Healthy Aging Center
600 South Country Club Road, Tucson, AZ 85716
Tucson, AZ, US, 85716
The AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course trains participants to provide first aid, CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
What does this course teach?
- First Aid Basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- Child CPR AED and Infant CPR
Why take the time to become certified?
- You could save someone’s life in an emergency situation
- Opportunity to increase someone’s comfort during a medical emergency
- These skills can prevent a circumstance or someone symptoms from worsening while they wait for medical attention
- Being certified adds value to your community – your training can help to save a persons life in your family, job, neighborhood or community!
This is an opportunity to gain the skills you need to help others during times of crisis. This training helps you to recognize the signs that someone needs help and administer the appropriate type and level of care in an emergency situation.
All participants in this in-person event will be required to wear masks and adhere to PCOA distancing and safety guidelines, regardless of vaccination status. To assure your safety and that of others, depending on the situation with COVID-19 in our community, this event may be canceled or changed from an in-person event to a virtual event. Once registered, you will be notified regarding any such changes, should they occur, and provided with information about how to join the virtual event and additional options.