IMPORTANT – Click here to view our COVID-19 Information and Updates page for updated programming changes.
Do you have questions about caregiving?
If you are a caregiver, you know the demands that come with caring for your loved one can be stressful, and your own uncertainty can lead to additional stress. To relieve stress and uncertainty, PCOA and our dedicated community partners provide monthly caregiver training workshops that will teach you the skills you need to safely care for your loved ones.
Workshop 1 – Steps to Resilience
- Stress Management Tools
- Communication Strategies
- Alzheimer’s & other dementias
- Nutrition, Hydration & Assistance with Eating,
- Psychological & Emotional Conditions
- Grief & End of Life Resources
- Managing Medications
- Phone and Technology Use
- Housework/ Laundry Services
- Driving Concerns
- Finances & Legal Resources
Workshop 2 – Physical Care and Safety
- Proper Body Mechanics
- Home Environment Safety & Fall Prevention
- Planning for an Emergency
- Understanding Assistive Devices
- Proper Walking /Transferring techniques
- Re-positioning with reassessment.
- Activity Planning, Outings and Car Etiquette
- Infection control and providing Personal Care
To register or receive information, please contact:
Phone – (520) 790-7573 x1750
Email – email@example.com
In accordance with CDC guidelines, masking at PCOA facilities is optional for staff, volunteers, and members of the public. CDC recommends people at high risk of serious illness from COVID 19 discuss when they should wear masks and other precautions with their healthcare provider. PCOA representatives will gladly put on a mask at your request. Participants at in-person event(s) will be expected to adhere to distancing and safety guidelines as provided. Guidelines for functions held in community sites not operated by PCOA may vary.