Neighbors Care Alliance (NCA)
Neighbors Helping Neighbors
The Neighbors Care Alliance (NCA) is a network of neighborhood volunteer programs with a shared mission of helping older adults thrive safely in their homes for as long as possible. The programs serve specific geographic areas, and each is independently organized. Pima Council on Aging serves as the program administrator and provides tools to build infrastructure, volunteer training, opportunities for networking, access to community resources, and mileage reimbursement. Volunteers support older adults through a variety of services which can include, transportation to medical appointments and shopping, running errands, meal delivery, phone calls and visits, light house and yard work, and caregiver respite. Neighbors connecting to neighbors reduces the social isolation many older adults face while helping to meet everyday needs.
The NCA welcomes all interested volunteers and neighborhood programs to the network. Through participation in the Neighbors Care Alliance your neighborhood program will build a vast network of resources and support, building a safety net for older adults.
Interested in helping? Want information about joining an active program? Would you like assistance with starting a program in your area? Please contact Mary O’Donoghue, 520-258-5062 or mo’firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a list of the Neighbors Care Alliance programs in and around Tucson:
- 29th Street Community Assistance Network – Serving older adults (55+) and adults with disabilities living within the boundaries of 22nd Street and Golf Links Road, and Country Club Road and Craycroft Road.
- Carefree Village Helpers – Providing support to older adults residing in Carefree Village Mobile Home Community and Mobile Home Park. 4100 N. Romero Road, 85705.
- Corona Cares – Serving older adults who reside in Corona de Tucson Fire District between Dawn Rd on the north and Ocotillo View Rd on the south, Houghton Rd on the west and Wentworth Rd on the east.
- Eastside Neighbors Volunteer Program – Providing support to older adults (55+) who reside between Grant Road/Tanque Verde Road on the north and Irvington on the south, and Swan Road on the west and Houghton Road on the east. Services available in Spanish.
- IMPACT of Southern Arizona– Serving older adults with meal delivery and transportation residing in northwest Pima County including Oro Valley, Marana, and Catalina.
- Interfaith Community Services– Serving older adults and people with disabilities in 28 zip code areas of Pima County. (Please visit the ICS website to determine if your neighborhood is included).
- Junction Connection (Robles Junction) – Serving older adults, primarily with transportation, residing in Robles Junction between Milewide Road and Britten Ranch Road and Coleman Road to Kinney Road.
- Lend A Hand – Serving older adults in Campus Farm, Limberlost, Rillito Bend, Mountain View, Richland Heights East, Richland Heights West, Winterhaven, Hedrick Acres, Mountain/1st, Samos, Campbell/Grant and Jefferson Park Neighborhoods.
- Mobile Meals of Southern Arizona – Serving special diet meals to homebound individuals who are unable to cook and have special dietary needs. Service area includes City of Tucson, Green Valley and Sahuarita.
- Old Fort Lowell Live-At-Home – Serving older adults and individuals with disabilities who reside within the boundaries of the Old Fort Lowell Neighborhood, which encompasses the area of Swan Road to the Pantano Wash and the Rillito River to Glenn Road.
- Park West Neighbors Helping Neighbors – Serving older adults and people with disabilities who live in the Park West Mobile Home Community at 3003 West Broadway Boulevard.
- Resources in Vail – Greater Vail Community Resources – Serving older adults who reside in the area that makes up the Vail School District – Irvington Road on the north and Sahuarita Road on the south, South Wilmot on the west, Pima County border on the east.
- Southern Arizona Senior Pride Community Cares Program – Tucson – Supporting older adults in the LGBTQ community generally within the Tucson City Limits. Services available in Spanish.
- Tucson Estates Neighbors Helping Neighbors – Serving older adults who reside in the Tucson Estates Community which is east of Kinney Road and west of Sarasota Boulevard.
- Valley Assistance Services – Serving adults (55+) and adults with disabilities. Support area includes Sahuarita, Green Valley, Amado, Arivaca, Tubac and Tumacacori.