Program Support Specialist
This position provides clerical and administrative support services and participates in special projects as needed.
Category: Regular, Full-time; Non-exempt, Hourly
Compensation: $15.27 – $19.09 per hour (Dependent upon relevant education, experience, and preferred qualifications).
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with various administrative and clerical tasks, and other special projects as assigned.
- Compiles, stores, retrieves, and reports organizational and program data as needed.
- Acts as the first point of contact and provides information, assistance, and referrals regarding PCAH, PCOA, and community services as appropriate.
- Assists the team with intakes, screenings, service transitions and placement of caregivers.
- Obtains and records information relating to interactions and communications with clients and staff members.
- Assists in monitoring staff schedules and assignments.
- Facilitates client/caregiver introductions in clients’ home utilizing personal transportation.
An equivalent combination of education and experience related to the position may be considered.
- A High School diploma or GED; some college or an Associate’s degree is preferred.
- At least six (6) months of experience in administrative support, data entry, Microsoft Office Suite, and customer service; one (1) year is preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must successfully obtain and maintain AZ Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance and Central Registry background clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge and skill in customer service practices.
- Knowledge of the referral and onboarding process.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office suite and virtual collaboration platforms.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Pima Council on Aging and its family of non-profit companies.
- Ability to effectively communicate with, receive information from, and convey information to others.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, printers, and phone systems.
- Ability to professionally represent the organization and work harmoniously with diverse populations including staff, clients, and providers.
- Ability to use the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system.
Schedule, Post of Duty, & Travel Requirements:
- 37.5 hours weekly, primarily Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- This position is located at the Katie Building (600 South Country Club Road, Tucson AZ 85716).
- Frequent travel is required between PCOA locations.
PCAH offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Flexible schedules.
- Medical benefits for employees working an average of 30 hours per week over 52 weeks.
- Prorated time off depending on the number of hours worked.
- An employee wellness and employee assistance program to support the health and wellness of all PCAH employees and members of their households.
- In-house training and professional development opportunities.
PCAH’s Commitment to Caregivers and Our Clients:
Caregiving is not just a job – it is a passion and a purpose. It is a chance to do work you love while making a lasting impact on someone’s life. Caregivers are the core of what we do at PCAH. They are trained in a realistic home-like setting, equipped with all the tools and resources for them to excel and be successful. Through our uplifting team environment, professional development activities, and recognition of their tireless work, our caregivers are given the opportunity for growth and achievement.
PCAH offers both short- and long-term non-medical services designed to meet our clients and their family’s needs. Our goal is to improve their quality of life through occasional assistance and companionship in the safety of their home.
Our Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity:
At PimaCare at Home, we don’t just accept differences – their importance is one of our key values. We are committed to building a team that serves the community by representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and abilities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we support diversity, foster equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all.