PimaCare at Home (PCAH) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pima Council On Aging. PCAH is a home care agency for the elderly and disabled in Pima County. Join our winning team and enjoy competitive wages and excellent benefits.
PCOA Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: At Pima Council on Aging, we don’t just accept differences – their importance is one of our key values. We are committed to building a team that serves the community by representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and abilities. As an equal opportunity employer, we support diversity, foster equity, and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all.
RESPONSIBILITIES SPECIFIC TO POSITION:
Direct Care Workers may be responsible for any or all of the following duties, per client care plan:
Assist with showering, bathing, toileting, dressing, shampooing and grooming; assist with transfers to and from wheelchair or bed; assist with eating; assist with ambulating; assist with routine nail and skin care; f. assist with tasks necessary for the comfort and safety of movement-restricted clients; assist with special appliances and/or prosthetic devices; assist with training the client, the client’s family members and/or friends in personal care tasks
Planning and cooking meals, following client specific diets as directed; assist with meal set up and/or feeding
Shopping for and storing of food, medicine and supplies
Washing, drying and folding of clothes and linens; ironing of clothes – only if clothes cannot be worn without being ironed
Cleaning Dusting furniture; cleaning floors; cleaning bathrooms; cleaning windows if necessary to attain safe or sanitary conditions; cleaning kitchen to include routine cleaning of kitchen appliances (stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator); washing dishes; changing linens; making beds; routine cleaning of household appliances
Medication reminders and assistance with self-medication; monitor the client to prevent personal injury and/or property damage; establish a structured schedule which meets the client’s needs; provide companionship suited to the client’s ability to participate in shared activities; including conversations, games, reading, outdoor activities, etc.
Maintains effective working relationships with BESTCARE@HOME coworkers and employees
Demonstrates professionalism and effective customer service while interacting with the general public
May accompany client to medical appointments using transportation scheduled by the Program Contractor
- Travel when required to client’s home via personal car or public transportation.
- Provide or assist client with personal care, including bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, transfers, eating, ambulation, skin and nail care, use of special appliances/prosthesis..
- Meal preparation, assist client with eating, or feeding.
- Shopping for groceries, medications, medical supplies as needed.
- Complete client’s laundry.
- Clean client’s areas of the home, including dusting, washing floors, bathroom, kitchen, changing linen, and making bed, and routine cleaning of appliances.
- General supervision of the client including medication reminders, preventing personal injury, companionship.
- Communicate any change in client’s condition with case manager and/or nurse supervisor when indicated.
- Complete requirements for CPR and First Aid, TB and Criminal Affidavit by the expiration date
- Use telephony as instructed to indicate hours worked.
- Communicate any changes in the DCW work schedule with supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applying personal care techniques;
- Physical strength and flexibility needed to bend, stoop, lift during housekeeping, personal care, and transferring the client without any physical restrictions or limitations.
- Communicating with others in a friendly manner; and
- Any combination of training and experience that demonstrates minimum knowledge and skills in personal care and basic housekeeping activities.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Speak, read, write and be able to understand in English
- Current CPR and First Aid training
- Current DCW Training or to be completed within 90 days of hire
- Current TB test within the past 6 months showing no evidence of pulmonary disease
- Hold or can obtain an Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Compliance with criminal history background checks including fingerprinting upon initial appointment and criminal affidavit on an annual basis thereafter.
- Compliance with Driver’s Background check to ensure safe driving record (3 moving violations within the previous 18 months will disqualify a candidate).
- Not be related to the ALTCS client as a natural, adoptive or stepparent of a child under 18.
- Successfully pass the skills and written tests of the Direct Caregiver Training.
To Apply (Do one of the following):
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 520-762-4773.